Threshold Scan Results
Threshold scan results have been analyzed with an automated software.
Results shown in this web page have been obtained with the following procedure:
- The right half of the spectrum is fitted with an exponential: here ((png) and (eps)) are some sample fits (16 channels of 1 M5R4 FEB)
- The parameters are used to extract the slope (m) and intercept (q) values of the linearized distribution.
- m and q are used to compute (a) the x at which we have y = 0 (x_large) and (b) the x at which the rate is equal to 25 MHz (x_small).
- The differences btw (a) and (b) are computed as follows: diff = sqrt(a) - sqrt (b)
- Diff is converted in mV using the relation: mV = r.u.*2.35
- Diff_mv is then converted in fC by using the sensitivity: Diff_fC = Diff_mV/sensitivity. The values used for sensitivity are shown in table 1.
Table 1. Sensitivities used for the study
|Region||Sensitivity (mV)||Region||Sensitivity (mV)||Region||Sensitivity (mV)||Region||Sensitivity (mV)||Region||Sensitivity (mV)|
|M1R1||-||M2R1 C; M2R1 W||10; 15||M3R1 C; M3R1W||10; 14||M4R1||15||M5R1||15|
|M1R2||16||M2R2 C; M2R2 W||11; 14||M3R2 C; M3R2 W||11; 14||M4R2||10.2||M5R2||10|
Last modified: Sat Dec 29 16:08:24 CET 2007