Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 10:26:10 -0500 (CDT)
From: "Jerome.Busenitz" <busenitz@bama.ua.edu>
To: <jcumalat@pizero.colorado.edu>
Subject: postdoc position

Dear John,
  We are looking for a postdoc to work on the KamLAND neutrino experiment
at Kamioka.  The announcement of the position is appended.  As you may
know, the primary initial goal of KamLAND is to test the LMA MSW solution
using reactor neutrinos (a terrestial, well-understood source!) and later,
contigent upon adequate control of backgrounds, the experiment will
measure solar neutrinos directly.  Being a massive, low-threshold
detector, there are a number of other measurements KamLAND will be able to
carry out which are of interest to neutrino physics, astrophysics, nucleon
decay, and even geophysics.
  Would you please bring this position to the attention of anyone you
may know who may be interested?  I think this is a particularly good
opportunity for an analysis-oriented physicist interested in making
a significant impact on a smaller, highly visible experiment.

Best regards,
Jerry

               Postdoctoral Research Associate
                 KamLAND Neutrino Experiment
                  The University of Alabama

The University of Alabama seeks applications for a postdoctoral research
associate position to work on the KamLAND neutrino experiment
(www.awa.tohoku.ac.jp/html/KamLAND/index.html).  KamLAND construction is
nearing completion with data taking scheduled to begin in late 2001.  The
successful candidate will be expected to take a leading role in experiment
calibration and to make significant contributions to physics data
analysis.  The initial appointment would be for one year, with possibility
of extension to three years.  A Ph.D. in experimental particle physics or
related field is required. Applicants should submit a curriculum vitae,
list of publications, and names and contact information for three
professional references to: Prof. Jerry Busenitz, Department of Physics
and Astronomy, University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL 35487;
busenitz@bama.ua.edu. Applications should be received by July 1, 2001 to
ensure consideration, however, applications will continue to be accepted
until the position is filled.  The University of Alabama is an equal
opportunity/affirmative action employer.

------- End of Forwarded Message