Past events with the workgroup participation
- The 40th ICFA Advanced Beam Dynamics Workshop on e+e- Factories was held on April 14-16, 2008 at the Budker Institute of Nuclear Physics, Novosibirsk, Russia.
- The workgroup organized ICFA mini-workshop on "Frontiers of short bunches in storage rings". The workshop was sponsored by LNF and was held at Frascati on 7-8 November 2005.
- A joint KEK-SLAC Super B Factory Workshop in Hawaii was organized in April, 2005. The purpose of the workshop was to promote the collaborative studies between the two laboratories on the future B factories.
- 6th Workshop on a Higher Luminosity B Factory was held on Nov. 16-18, 2004, KEK, Tsukuba, JAPAN
- SLAC-Novosibirsk International Symposium "Forty Years of Lepton Colliders" was held on May 15-17, 2004 at the Budker Institute of Nuclear Physics, Novosibirsk, Russia.
- A Mini-Workshop on the BEPCII Interaction Region took place in the Institute of High Energy Physics (IHEP), Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China, from January 12 to 16, 2004.
- A Workshop on Beam Dynamics Issues for e+e- High Luminosity Factories has been held in October 2003 at SLAC, following the series begun with the workshop at Frascati in 1997 and continued by the 1999 Tsukuba and the 2001 Cornell workshops.
- The working group organized a Workshop on e+e- in the 1-2 GeV Energy Range: Physics and Accelerator Prospects, 10-13 September 2003 at Alghero (SS), Italy.
ICFA Beam Dynamics Mini Workshop on "Low Emittance Rings" in Heraklion (Crete) October 3-5 2011
The goal of the workshop is to bring together experts from the scientific communities working on low emittance lepton rings. This includes damping rings, test facilities for linear colliders, B-factories and electron storage rings. The theme will be common beam dynamics and technology challenges for producing and controlling ultra-low emittance beams and the participants will benefit from the experience of colleagues who have designed, commissioned and operated such rings. This is the second in a series of workshops initiated in 2010 (http://ler2010.web.cern.ch), by the joint CLIC/ILC working group on damping rings. During the 1st workshop and subsequent discussions, it was found that the state of the art in the design of accelerator systems in X-ray storage rings approaches the goals of linear collider damping rings and future e+/e- circular collider upgrade projects. This workshop specifically targets the strengthening of interactions within the low emittance ring community by forming a LOWεRING collaboration network.