[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: MonteCarlo and Reconstruction code: new release v. 5.17

Dear colleagues,
I just would like to add a short remark to clarify the present situation,
in order for all of you to understand the content of this release, as far
as alignments are concerned:

> 1) Global detector alignment
>    ISIM/OSIM/DCH have been aligned using STRAW tubes with COSMIC ray
>    data with B=0.
>    ISIM/OSIM/DCH have been shifted and rotated.
>    New geometry reflects the new positions.

The alignment procedure implemented in the code IS NOT to be understood as
final, nor concerning the offset numbers which have been provided, neither
as far as the applied method is concerned. So, anybody shouldn't refer to
this version as "the alignment" one, as could be understood in the
reported note.
In the offline meeting we had this morning, 14.04, as already suggested by
the running analysis of the some produced issues, several problems
of this method and its outcomes have been pointed out, which induce to
consider the values provided for global offsets not correct enough to get
a good alignment for all detectors. So, be careful when including these
global corrections only, without taking into account finer movings of
single layers and detectors, which will be provided at the geometry definition
level (i.e., not in the form of offsets and rotations) as soon as possible,
hopefully no later than next Monday.
Regards,
     Alessandra