[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: New NM decay generator (A. Olin)

   Dear Art, thank you for your useful comments.

   I still need some explanation on the problem of IHADR flag in your
   code. The problem I see is that when the K- stops the hypernucleus
   is generated AND the FLUKA code is called, which is not what we want.
   Isn't it? I have not yet checked the program flow with the debugger
   but this is what I read from the routine GUHADR.

   Concerning the time-space relationships, in vers4.0 we have kept only
   the original code where the drift velocity was considered constant.
   The improvements of the drift velocity (two velocities) was implemented
   as a test code by A. Panzarasa and P. Cerello and was not included in
   the released version. On next Monday Alberto will come in Brescia
   and we will produce a cradle with the code giving the best results
   on the last cosmic ray data. In the following we plan to insert in the
   code time-space relationships obtained by the simulation of the cell
   by garfield. We will made available the corresponding cradles on the
   web.

   We used MIGRAD from MINUIT since we were used to it and we obtained
   good results on Monte carlo events. Do you think that we could use
   something better?

   Best regards    aldo