November 25th, 2016
to INFN scientific comm. coordinators
to INFN group leaders
to BTF users
The Beam Test Facility has been operational in 2016 providing 240 beam-days, and is due to stop on Dec. 19th.
For 2017 a number of upgrades of the facility are planned, including the preparation of a second beam-line, so that we foresee to deliver beam to the users from February to July.
The possibility of allocating more shifts after the August 2017 shutdown will be considered in Spring 2017.
|For requesting a beam-shift two simple steps are required:
2. Send a one-page summary of the planned setup via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, including:
- infrastructural and diagnostics needs
- required beam parameters
- motivation or reference to approved experiment/scientific committee reports
- list of recent publications with citation or acknowledgement or any other reference to BTF.
We remind you that we will assign beam periods in unit of weeks (as a general rule), from Monday to Monday, with overlap in the morning for installation/de-installation, and that some level of rejection, depending on the amount of requests, is expected.
|We thus invite all interested colleagues to submit one or more beam requests for the period Feb.-Jul. 2017, BY THE END OF 2016.|
A draft schedule will be released by next January at the usual address:
We also underline that after the beam time assignment, modifications of the schedule will still be possible; all affected users will be promptly informed.
Finally, please also take note of the following:
- The beam request contact person will be also the team-leader and responsible for the access procedures and safety of all the team members unless a different team-leader name is indicated
- Registered users can submit a new beam request accessing the web page using their password.
A forgotten password can be recovered by sending an e-mail to email@example.com
- Any participant to the test beam will have to provide the required documentation in advance. More information is available at the link: http://www.lnf.infn.it/acceleratori/btf/access/
The BTF administrative staff will provide detailed instructions to the team-leader of approved shifts in due time.
Thanks for your collaboration from the BTF staff!