[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: FINUDA data taking

     Dear RUNCO,
     concerning the FINUDA data takig strategy for the present run,
     I would only like to stress the need to plan, during
     periods of machine off, some dedicated data taking for cosmic rays
     with magnetic field on and, if possible, also with magnetic field
     off. The data should be collected once stable conditions of the
     apparatus are reached (gas mixtures, voltages, etc).

     We need these data for calibration of the drift cells (chambers
     and straws) with the magnetic field 1.0 T and for periodic monitoring
     of detector alignement.

     The 500.000 cosmic ray data collected in July with .OR.tofino
     .OR.tofone trigger with B on were already a good reference sample.
      A larger one would be evidently more useful for applying geometric
     and quality cuts to the events.

     Best regards, ciao  aldo

--
Prof. Aldo Zenoni                        tel. +39 030 3715729
Dipartimento di Meccanica                             3715798